The Town is divided into four (4) sectors. To locate your sector please see alphabetical street listing below.
Each sector will be completed in one week by Saturday afternoon. Please refer to the Limb/Branch Calendar below for sector pickup dates
Brush may be placed out for removal as early as the week before your scheduled sector. All brush must be out by Monday morning of your scheduled week as the contractor will only make one pass per street.
• The Limb/Branch Removal service is only available for brush cut by homeowners. The Limb/Branch Removal service is not for contractors, landscapers or anyone doing major lot clearing. Any pile exceeding the 15 x 4 will be considered major lot clearing. Contractors and landscapers are responsible for their own brush removal.
• One single pile of hand stacked brush per month is allowed, not to exceed 15 ft. long and 4 ft. in height, with all cut ends facing towards the road-no exceptions. Any pile exceeding the 15 x 4 will be considered major lot clearing.
• Piles of brush should be placed within 10 ft. of the roadside in front of your property only.
• Do not stack near utilities or fire hydrants.
• Individual limbs can be up to 8 ft. long with a maximum limb diameter of 5 inches. The width across the branches of a single limb cannot exceed 3 feet.
• Acceptable Brush: limbs, branches and vines.
• Non Acceptable Brush : stumps, leaves, pine straw, pine needles, grass clippings, lumber, roots, metal, trash, glass, string, concrete, rocks, etc.
Leaves and Lawn clippings must be taken to the Dare County Public Works facility in Manteo. 1018 Driftwood Drive, phone 252-475-5880 http://www.darenc.com/departments/public-works/recycling/county-recycling-centers