Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to Currituck Sound and Ginguite Creek, Southern Shores is a premiere residential community on the Outer Banks. Located along US158 and NC 12, Southern Shores is known for its great weather, beautiful homes and tremendous community pride.
This Site provides information for residents and visitors who want to know more about Southern Shores town government, staff and services.
- SEMI-ANNUAL BULK WASTE COLLECTION (9/3/2014) - SEMI-ANNUAL BULK WASTE COLLECTION The next scheduled bulk waste collection will be: October 24, 2014 Please click for more details and information
- Fairway Drive and N,S,E Dogwood Intersection-Plans (8/6/2014) - Plans are available for review at the Town Hall or can be viewed online by clicking the link provided. [Click to View Fairway Drive & N, S, E Dogwood Intersection Plans]
- Flood Insurance for Business (8/7/2014) - Flood Insurance for Business: Impacts of Recent Legislation [FEMA_HFIAA_BusFactSheet_ToFEMA_072314]
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan (2/20/2014) - The project website for the Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan can be found at: http://www.walkbikesouthernshores.com/. The survey can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WalkBikeSouthernShores
- Albemarle Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan (7/23/2014) - As part of a regional effort to reduce vulnerability to natural disasters, the Town of Southern Shores is requesting public feedback on natural disaster risk and preparedness. This feedback will assist the efforts of Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Dare, Gates, Hertford, Pasquotank and Perquimans Counties to combine respective local natural hazard mitigation plans into one regional […]