Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to Currituck Sound and Ginguite Creek, Southern Shores is a premiere residential community on the Outer Banks. Located along US158 and NC 12, Southern Shores is known for its great weather, beautiful homes and tremendous community pride.
This Site provides information for residents and visitors who want to know more about Southern Shores town government, staff and services.
- South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force -meeting schedule revised (2/8/2016) - Notice is hereby given that the South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force will conduct a meeting (in addition to the regular scheduled meetings) Tuesday, February 9, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the upstairs conference room of the Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trail, Southern Shores NC 27949 Notice is hereby given […]
- Planning Committee Meeting February 12th (2/2/2016) - Notice is hereby given that the Planning Committee meeting originally scheduled for Monday, February 8th at 10:00 a.m. has been re-scheduled for Friday, February 12th at 10:00 a.m. in the conference room at Town Hall.
- Public Safety Council Committee Re-Scheduled Date (1/25/2016) - Notice is hereby given that the Public Safety Committee originally scheduled for Monday, February 15th at 10:00 a.m. has been cancelled and re-scheduled for Wednesday, February 10th at 2:00 p.m. in the conference room at Town Hall.
- February 2nd Council Meeting-Cancelled (1/25/2016) - Notice is hereby given that the 5:30 p.m. Tuesday February 2, 2016 Regular Meeting of the Southern Shores Town Council has been cancelled.
- STRATEGIC PLANNING RETREAT FEB. 16TH: NOTICE OF MEETING LOCATION CHANGE: (1/21/2016) - NOTICE OF MEETING LOCATION CHANGE: TOWN OF SOUTHERN SHORES COUNCIL STRATEGIC PLANNING RETREAT TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2016 AT 9:00 A.M. Notice of a meeting location change of the Town Council of the Town of Southern Shores is hereby given. The Town Council will meet for a Strategic Planning Retreat on Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at […]
- Beginning in 2016, most voters will need to show acceptable photo id at the polls (1/21/2016) - Click here for more information.
- Pothole? (1/19/2016) - Pothole? To report a pothole on a Town-maintained street, call (252) 261-2394, select option 5 or email email@example.com To view a map of Town streets click Town Map. To report a pothole on a state-maintained street, call the NCDOT at (252) 473-2990.
- Survey for the Town of Southern Shores Code Update Project (12/11/2015) - Your voice is needed. The Town of Southern Shores is currently working to update the Town Code. The Town Code contains all of the legislation that governs Southern Shores. The project was approved by your Town Council and will recommend to the Council updates to the existing Town Code for purposes of correcting conflicting and […]
- Town Code Update FAQs-11-18-15 (11/18/2015) - Updated Southern Shores FAQ 12-4-15
- BOT OKs spending $5M-$6.5M to buy land for Mid-Currituck Bridge (11/5/2015) - BOT OKs spending $5M-$6.5M to buy land for Mid-Currituck Bridge Daily Advance From Staff Reports Thursday November 5, 2015 The N.C. Board of Transportation has agreed to spend between $5 million and $6.5 million acquiring land on the Currituck Outer Banks for the long-awaited Mid-Currituck Bridge project. Malcolm Fearing, who is […]
- Tall Pine Bridge Replacement Update (11/5/2015) - A contract has been awarded to Keystone Contracting Co for the Tall Pine Bridge replacement project. The contractor will be mobilizing to the site and closing the bridge on November 16, 2015. The bridge will remain closed until May 2016. There will be several instances when the canal will be closed to boat traffic for […]
- Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge (11/18/2015) - Fact: The new Tall Pine Bridge on S. Dogwood Trail will consist of two vehicular drive lanes, and one five foot wide pedestrian lane on the bridge’s east side. To view plans click here Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge Rumor Response: There are no multiple or additional lanes being constructed as […]
- Taxpayers’ Dollars Are Only Used For Public Purposes (7/2/2015) - The Town of Southern Shores strives to use its taxpayers’ dollars wisely. Your public tax dollars may only be used by the Town for a public purpose. Therefore the Town cannot and will not use your tax dollars for any improvements or repairs to properties in Town owned by individuals or other entities and for […]
- Narrow Streets Are Safer! (6/24/2015) - Narrow Streets Are Safer! Recently, studies have been mentioned in social media and in published letters and emails to suggest that narrow streets are safer. Your Town agrees! What is the definition of a “narrow street”? Many recent studies state that “narrow” streets are streets no greater than 26 feet wide, and are the safest. […]
- Rumor or Fact? (6/3/2015) - June 3, 2015. Your Town is committed to protecting your tax dollar investment by keeping your public streets safe and maintained. Over the years since the Town’s beginning in 1979, many of the streets your Town received from a developer or a property owners’ association have had to be completely removed and rebuilt due to […]
- Rumor or Fact? (3/24/2015) - March 24, 2015. The Town of Southern Shores continues to work hard to provide a safe, clean, and beautiful public trust ocean beach for all residents, property owners, and visitors. The Town of Southern Shores is not considering any acquisition of oceanfront property.
Southern Shores Homeowner Associations