Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to Currituck Sound and Ginguite Creek, Southern Shores is a premiere residential community on the Outer Banks. Located along US158 and NC 12, Southern Shores is known for its great weather, beautiful homes and tremendous community pride.
This Site provides information for residents and visitors who want to know more about Southern Shores town government, staff and services.
- Notice-South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force Meeting (5/19/2016) - NOTICE Notice is hereby given that the South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force will conduct a meeting Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the UPSTAIRS conference room of the Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trail, Southern Shores NC 27949
- PUBLIC HEARING-SOUTHERN SHORES PROPOSED OPERATING BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017 (5/4/2016) - TOWN OF SOUTHERN SHORES PROPOSED OPERATING BUDGET FOR FY 2016-2017 Notice is hereby given that in accordance with the provisions of N.C.G.S. 159-12, the proposed budget for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2016, for the Town of Southern Shores has been filed and submitted to the Mayor and Council and is available for public […]
- Board of Adjustment Public Hearing May 16, 2016 (4/28/2016) - PUBLIC NOTICE Notice is hereby given that the Southern Shores Planning Board, performing the duties of the Southern Shores Board of Adjustment, will hold a Public Hearing on May 16, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. in the Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trl. The purpose of the Public Hearing is to consider […]
- May 2016 Council Committee Meetings (4/20/2016) - May 2016 Council Committee Meetings The Planning Committee will meet Monday, May 9th at 10:00 a.m. in the conference room at Town Hall. The Public Safety Committee will meet Monday, May 16th at 10:00 a.m. in the conference room at Town Hall. The Capital Improvement Committee will meet Thursday, May 19th at 2:00 p.m. in […]
- South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force – Issues Survey (3/28/2016) - South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force – Issues Survey The South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force was established by the Southern Shores Town Council to make recommendations for viable solutions to issues surrounding South and East Dogwood Trails. In addition to gathering information from other sources, one charge to this Task Force is […]
- South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force -meeting schedule (2/8/2016) - * The March 15th Dogwood Trails Task Force meeting will be held UPSTAIRS in the Pitts Center due to 2016 Statewide Primary. Notice is hereby given that the South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force will conduct a meeting every third Tuesday of the month through June at 6:00 p.m. in the Pitts Center located at […]
- DARE COUNTY RELEASE: Businesses Urged to Register for Reentry Permits (5/20/2016) - DARE COUNTY RELEASE: Businesses Urged to Register for Reentry Permits with the County
- Please drive at a slower speed (5/3/2016) - Highway and street flooding will occur in low lying areas during back to back daily rain events. Please drive at a slower speed.
- SSVFD’s JR Firefighter Program (4/29/2016) - SSVFD’s JR Firefighter Program
- Board Volunteer Applications (4/29/2016) - As vacancies become open, residents interested in future appointment to Town boards and committees, are encouraged to submit application form to: Town Manager Town of Southern Shores 5375 N. Virginia Dare Trail Southern shores, NC 27949 Application form: http://southernshores-nc.gov/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/7-22-15-Board-Volunteer-Application.pdf
- Council adopts Strategic Plan 2016 on April 5, 2016 (4/27/2016) - Strategic Plan 2016
- Tall Pine Bridge work site (4/6/2016) - All persons, other than construction personnel, are prohibited from entering the Tall Pine Bridge work site, or from moving or altering construction signs or barricades in any way. The Southern Shores Police Department is now monitoring this work zone as safety barricades have continued to be moved, creating an unsafe environment for drivers, pedestrians and […]
- Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge (11/18/2015) - Fact: The new Tall Pine Bridge on S. Dogwood Trail will consist of two vehicular drive lanes, and one five foot wide pedestrian lane on the bridge’s east side. To view plans click here Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge Rumor Response: There are no multiple or additional lanes being constructed as […]
- Taxpayers’ Dollars Are Only Used For Public Purposes (7/2/2015) - The Town of Southern Shores strives to use its taxpayers’ dollars wisely. Your public tax dollars may only be used by the Town for a public purpose. Therefore the Town cannot and will not use your tax dollars for any improvements or repairs to properties in Town owned by individuals or other entities and for […]
- Narrow Streets Are Safer! (6/24/2015) - Narrow Streets Are Safer! Recently, studies have been mentioned in social media and in published letters and emails to suggest that narrow streets are safer. Your Town agrees! What is the definition of a “narrow street”? Many recent studies state that “narrow” streets are streets no greater than 26 feet wide, and are the safest. […]
- Rumor or Fact? (6/3/2015) - June 3, 2015. Your Town is committed to protecting your tax dollar investment by keeping your public streets safe and maintained. Over the years since the Town’s beginning in 1979, many of the streets your Town received from a developer or a property owners’ association have had to be completely removed and rebuilt due to […]
- Rumor or Fact? (3/24/2015) - March 24, 2015. The Town of Southern Shores continues to work hard to provide a safe, clean, and beautiful public trust ocean beach for all residents, property owners, and visitors. The Town of Southern Shores is not considering any acquisition of oceanfront property.
Southern Shores Homeowner Associations