Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to Currituck Sound and Ginguite Creek, Southern Shores is a premiere residential community on the Outer Banks. Located along US158 and NC 12, Southern Shores is known for its great weather, beautiful homes and tremendous community pride.
This Site provides information for residents and visitors who want to know more about Southern Shores town government, staff and services.
- Town Council Meeting-July 5, 2016 (6/23/2016) - A Southern Shores Town Council regular meeting will be held at 5:30 pm on Tuesday July 5, 2016 at the Pitts Center, 5375 N. Virginia Dare Trail, Southern Shores, NC. [ Agenda not released yet] Notice is hereby given that the Southern Shores Town Council, as a part of its regular scheduled meeting agenda […]
- June 20, 2016 Planning Board meeting has been cancelled (6/8/2016) - PUBLIC NOTICE Notice is hereby given that the June 20, 2016 Planning Board meeting has been cancelled. The only matter on the agenda that was to be considered by the Board has been continued to July 18, 2016. The Southern Shores Planning Board, performing the duties of the Southern Shores Board of Adjustment, was […]
- Public Notice-Public Hearing (6/8/2016) - Public Notice Notice is hereby given that the Southern Shores Town Council, as a part of its regular scheduled meeting agenda of July 5, 2016, will hold a public hearing to consider, and possibly amend and/or adopt a prioritized capital street improvement plan for the fiscal year 2016-2017. The regular meeting will be […]
- Notice-South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force Meeting (5/19/2016) - NOTICE Notice is hereby given that the South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force will conduct a meeting Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in the UPSTAIRS conference room of the Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trail, Southern Shores NC 27949
- South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force -meeting schedule (2/8/2016) - * The March 15th Dogwood Trails Task Force meeting will be held UPSTAIRS in the Pitts Center due to 2016 Statewide Primary. Notice is hereby given that the South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force will conduct a meeting every third Tuesday of the month through June at 6:00 p.m. in the Pitts Center located at […]
- HB 483 Land-Use Regulatory Changes, (6/15/2016) - [CLICK HERE TO READ NC LEAGUE ACTION ALERT ARTICLE] Earlier this week, the Senate unveiled its version of HB 483 Land-Use Regulatory Changes, a bill that makes wide-ranging changes to land-use regulatory statutes. Among other changes, the bill would incentivize litigation at local taxpayer expense, weaken protections for neighboring property owners of new developments, and […]
- New Preliminary Flood Maps To Be Released June 30, 2016 (6/10/2016) - New Preliminary Flood Maps To Be Released June 30, 2016 In August 2000, the State of North Carolina established the North Carolina Floodplain Mapping Program (NCFMP), with a mandate to update the floodplain maps for all counties within the State of North Carolina. To formalize this effort, the State of North Carolina entered into a […]
- Dare County Emergency Management Release-Tropical Storm Colin (6/6/2016) - RELEASE_Residents and Visitors Asked to Closely Monitor Tropical Storm Colin
- DARE COUNTY RELEASE: Businesses Urged to Register for Reentry Permits (5/20/2016) - DARE COUNTY RELEASE: Businesses Urged to Register for Reentry Permits with the County
- Please drive at a slower speed (5/3/2016) - Highway and street flooding will occur in low lying areas during back to back daily rain events. Please drive at a slower speed.
- SSVFD’s JR Firefighter Program (4/29/2016) - SSVFD’s JR Firefighter Program
- Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge (11/18/2015) - Fact: The new Tall Pine Bridge on S. Dogwood Trail will consist of two vehicular drive lanes, and one five foot wide pedestrian lane on the bridge’s east side. To view plans click here Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge Rumor Response: There are no multiple or additional lanes being constructed as […]
- Taxpayers’ Dollars Are Only Used For Public Purposes (7/2/2015) - The Town of Southern Shores strives to use its taxpayers’ dollars wisely. Your public tax dollars may only be used by the Town for a public purpose. Therefore the Town cannot and will not use your tax dollars for any improvements or repairs to properties in Town owned by individuals or other entities and for […]
- Narrow Streets Are Safer! (6/24/2015) - Narrow Streets Are Safer! Recently, studies have been mentioned in social media and in published letters and emails to suggest that narrow streets are safer. Your Town agrees! What is the definition of a “narrow street”? Many recent studies state that “narrow” streets are streets no greater than 26 feet wide, and are the safest. […]
- Rumor or Fact? (6/3/2015) - June 3, 2015. Your Town is committed to protecting your tax dollar investment by keeping your public streets safe and maintained. Over the years since the Town’s beginning in 1979, many of the streets your Town received from a developer or a property owners’ association have had to be completely removed and rebuilt due to […]
- Rumor or Fact? (3/24/2015) - March 24, 2015. The Town of Southern Shores continues to work hard to provide a safe, clean, and beautiful public trust ocean beach for all residents, property owners, and visitors. The Town of Southern Shores is not considering any acquisition of oceanfront property.
Southern Shores Homeowner Associations