Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to Currituck Sound and Ginguite Creek, Southern Shores is a premiere residential community on the Outer Banks. Located along US158 and NC 12, Southern Shores is known for its great weather, beautiful homes and tremendous community pride.
This Site provides information for residents and visitors who want to know more about Southern Shores town government, staff and services.
- Town Hall Closed-Good Friday (4/14/2014) - Town Hall will be closed on Friday, April 18, 2014
- Notice-Road Closing (4/9/2014) - Notice to Residents: The area of North Dune Loop from house #58-54 will be closed through the end of April for major road reconstruction and drainage improvements. The intersection of Sea Oats and Hillcrest will be closed from April 9-10, reopening on April 11. Signage rerouting traffic is posted and residents should plan on taking […]
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan (2/20/2014) - The project website for the Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan can be found at: http://www.walkbikesouthernshores.com/. The survey can be found at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WalkBikeSouthernShores
- Dare County Comprehensive Transportation Plan Public Informational Meetings (11/21/2013) - CITIZEN DROP-IN SESSION / INFORMATIONAL MEETING FOR THE DARE COUNTY COMPREHENSIVE TRANSPORTATION PLAN The North Carolina Department of Transportation (NCDOT) and the Albemarle Rural Planning Organization (RPO) will hold three Public Drop-In Session/Informational Meetings regarding the Dare County Comprehensive Transportation Plan: Dare Co CTP Public Drop-ins
- Town Council Budget Workshop (4/2/2014) - NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Southern Shores Town Council will hold a Budget Workshop Meeting on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at 9:00 am. in the Pitts Center located at 5375 N. Virginia Dare Trail, Southern Shores, NC 27949.
- April 21, 2014 Planning Board Meeting-Cancelled (3/28/2014) - Due to no receipt of applications to review, the April 21, 2014 Southern Shores Planning Board meeting has been cancelled.