Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to Currituck Sound and Ginguite Creek, Southern Shores is a premiere residential community on the Outer Banks. Located along US158 and NC 12, Southern Shores is known for its great weather, beautiful homes and tremendous community pride.
This Site provides information for residents and visitors who want to know more about Southern Shores town government, staff and services.
- Council Meeting Schedule-January 2017 (12/7/2016) - January 3, 2017 Notice is hereby given that the Southern Shores Town Council will hold a regular meeting on January 3, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. in the Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trl. January 17, 2017 Town of Southern Shores Hosting a Public Forum on Beach Nourishment-January 17th – Hilton Garden […]
- Planning Board, performing the duties of the Southern Shores Board of Adjustment Public Hearings on December 19, 2016 (12/7/2016) - PUBLIC NOTICE Notice is hereby given that the Southern Shores Planning Board, performing the duties of the Southern Shores Board of Adjustment, will hold two Public Hearings on December 19, 2016 at 5:30 p.m. in the Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trl. The purpose of the Public Hearings is to consider VA-16-02, […]
- Town Council will host a Public Forum on Tuesday, January 17, 2017-concept of “beach nourishment” (11/14/2016) - Town of Southern Shores Hosting a Public Forum on Beach Nourishment-January 17th – Hilton Garden Inn The Southern Shores Town Council will host a Public Forum on Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn, Kitty Hawk NC. The purpose is to receive public comment and sentiment regarding the concept of […]
- South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force-meeting schedule-Updated (2/8/2016) - Notice is hereby given that the South and East Dogwood Trails Task Force will conduct a meeting every third Tuesday of the month through February at 6:00 p.m. in the Pitts Center located at 5377 N. Virginia Dare Trail, Southern Shores NC 27949
- Santa Claus is planning a visit to Southern Shores (11/18/2016) - Southern Shores Realty has announced that Santa Claus is planning a visit to the Southern Shores Crossing shopping center for Free photos / Selfies with Santa his sleigh, reindeer and possible other residents of the North Pole. Santa Claus will first visit on Saturday November 26, with other possible visits planned for Saturday December 3rd […]
- FEMA – Do not let misinformation keep you from registering (11/10/2016) - FEMA – Do not let misinformation keep you form registering
- Answering your Flood Insurance Questions (11/8/2016) - Answering Your Flood Insurance Questions
- Understanding FEMA’s determination letter and how to appeal the decision (11/7/2016) - Understanding FEMA’s determination letter and how to appeal the decision
- Fema Mobile Disaster Recovery Centers established in Kill Devil Hills & Manteo (11/4/2016) - Fema Mobile Disaster Recovery Center Information
- Former Practice Aircraft Training Area Safety Protocol Letter (11/1/2016) - Some property owners in Town have recently received a safety protocol letter from the US Army Corps of Engineers regarding the former practice aircraft training area in Southern Shores which existed in the 1940s. According to the Corps of Engineers’ FUDS (Formerly Used Defense Site) Project Manager overseeing this notice, since the former training area […]
- Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge (11/18/2015) - Fact: The new Tall Pine Bridge on S. Dogwood Trail will consist of two vehicular drive lanes, and one five foot wide pedestrian lane on the bridge’s east side. To view plans click here Two Driving Lanes for the Tall Pine Bridge Rumor Response: There are no multiple or additional lanes being constructed as […]
- Taxpayers’ Dollars Are Only Used For Public Purposes (7/2/2015) - The Town of Southern Shores strives to use its taxpayers’ dollars wisely. Your public tax dollars may only be used by the Town for a public purpose. Therefore the Town cannot and will not use your tax dollars for any improvements or repairs to properties in Town owned by individuals or other entities and for […]
- Narrow Streets Are Safer! (6/24/2015) - Narrow Streets Are Safer! Recently, studies have been mentioned in social media and in published letters and emails to suggest that narrow streets are safer. Your Town agrees! What is the definition of a “narrow street”? Many recent studies state that “narrow” streets are streets no greater than 26 feet wide, and are the safest. […]
- Rumor or Fact? (6/3/2015) - June 3, 2015. Your Town is committed to protecting your tax dollar investment by keeping your public streets safe and maintained. Over the years since the Town’s beginning in 1979, many of the streets your Town received from a developer or a property owners’ association have had to be completely removed and rebuilt due to […]
- Rumor or Fact? (3/24/2015) - March 24, 2015. The Town of Southern Shores continues to work hard to provide a safe, clean, and beautiful public trust ocean beach for all residents, property owners, and visitors. The Town of Southern Shores is not considering any acquisition of oceanfront property.
- NC General Assembly will convene on January 11, 2017 at noon (11/14/2016) - The NC General Assembly will convene on January 11, 2017 at noon (12:00 PM)
- Legislative Summaries for 2016 (8/23/2016) - Legislative Summaries for 2016
Southern Shores Homeowner Associations